Subscribe in a reader or enter your address to get posts via email: 
Hey... Michael blogs in a few other places also. Don't miss "Christian Life with Michael" and "My Music Blog" in the sidebar of this page!

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Batchin' It

Well, not exactly batchin' it... 'cause I got the cutest baby in the universe with me! As I mentioned at the end of my post yesterday, Cathy and Mikey are at the Mom & Me Cub Scouts campout. They left this morning at 6am (we got up at 4:15 to get ready! I think for the Dad & Lad this year Mikey and I got up at, I don't know, maybe 6am! Anyway, it was a crazy night and a crazy morning, but Hannah and I came home and slept until about 9 or so (unusual for me to be able to sleep in the daytime... usually I wake up if there's daylight. I must have been pooped!) and then we got up and got a bottle and watched a little TV (a documentary about TobyMac that Cathy had recorded for me), and then I put together Hannah's new bouncy activity center (her legs don't reach the ground yet D'OH!!) I took a shower and then sat down to read my daily online comics, and then I started this quick blog post. Hannah just woke up from her brief nap in the bouncy seat... probably before long she's going to want a bottle, and I need to get some lunch before then or else I'll be starving while she's eating!

I still have a lot to do today... I have to get online and pay a bunch of bills, but first I need to do something in Mikey's room. He's got so many toys in there that things are totally out of control and he is overwhelmed... I'm going to go in there today and put all of the toys that are either old and too young for him, or too cheap to worry about, or broken from being stepped on (!), and throw them in a huge box we have from when we got our rocking chair. When he gets home, his room will be worth being in again! After that, he's going to have to keep his room tidy on his own! I'm just stepping in to give him a leg up on things. I don't think he'll be too upset about it, because I think he's become frustrated with it himself. And if we tell him we can have a garage sale and he can maybe get some money, I think he might be cool with that! Anyway, I expect that task to take most of the afternoon. After that I'll do my bill thing, and then hopefully I'll have time to sit down and finally watch the finale of The Sarah Connor Chronicles that I DVR'd in like February or whenever (it can be tough to find time to watch something that's a little rough for an 8-year-old and of no interest to the other adult in the house!) Cathy wants me to mow the lawn, but really my priority is Mikey's room. I can mow the lawn tomorrow, maybe, but I can only do what I need to do in his room with him not here. If I finish his room before sundown, who knows? Maybe the lawn will got some attention after all!

Cathy has the camera with her, and we just put a 1GB SD card in it, so hopefully she'll get lots of great pictures of the Mom & Me. Check back next week and see what she came up with! (Maybe I can even get her to write a guest blog... WOOHOO!)

No comments:

CDs I've Been Listening To...